Blogher.com, “the community for women who blog,” posted a detailed, analytic summary of the remaining candidates’ health care proposals on February 25, 2008. The post first contrasts the Democratic candidates’ plans, identifying the main difference as the presence or lack of mandates. McCain’s plan is boiled down to “quit eating crap” by one commenter. The post ends with an extensive table comparing the proposals.
The post makes a better attempt at explaining the subtleties of the proposals than any mainstream newspaper that I’ve seen. While you might have expected it to pander to women in its explanation, as most mainstream press does, by focusing only on family issues rather than the proposals as policy, the article does the opposite. I wondered after reading Common Knowledge what issue knowledge gains were like from blogs. While this is clearly not representative of the entire blogosphere, which I suspect leads to lower issue knowledge gains, reading this post would most likely lead to huge knowledge gains.
No comments:
Post a Comment